free website stats program 2003 Heritage Softail Engine Oil Drain Plug | Harley Davidson Forums

2003 Heritage Softail Engine Oil Drain Plug

BigG

General Question What is the size of the Torx or Allen needed for the oil drain plug ?

HD03FXST064.gif

This is your oil tank and lines
# 26 is your drain plug, a 5/8 wrench should be what you need

HD03FXST064.gif

This is your oil tank and lines
# 26 is your drain plug, a 5/8 wrench should be what you need
Mine is different. It is embedded in the frame so I can not fit a standard socket onto the plug (because of socket wall thickness). So I have to use either a torx or an allen and I'm not sure which one or the size.

It should be an Allen.Don't recall the size though.
tourbox

Thinking a 1/4 or 5/16? not too hard to check... Make sure it fits tight and I use the 90 end out with a 3/8 box end wrench over that 90 portion for turning leverage...
Normal turning is LEFTY LooseE,,, looking up at it.

signed....BUBBIE

I think mines a 1/4 allen. buy a service manual it will help you more than we can guess. friend has mine or I would look it up for you. but I think its a 1/4 .good luck.

Mine is different. It is embedded in the frame so I can not fit a standard socket onto the plug (because of socket wall thickness). So I have to use either a torx or an allen and I'm not sure which one or the size.

Buy yourself a thin walled socket or take a screwdriver and clean around the bolt head. The allen strips.

Back