free website stats program 2002 Heritage with 55,000 miles having fuel issues flowing at low RPM's | Harley Davidson Forums

2002 Heritage with 55,000 miles having fuel issues flowing at low RPM's

the 2002 heritage with a carb runs out of fuel at low rpms. thinking it was a plug Pidcock screen. but turns out to be a vacuum valve on the Pidcock is not working right. so, any thoughts on using the bypass vacuum Pidcock elimination kit? seems like it solves the problem. is this a common problem with vacuum valve? anybody have thoughts on this ???
1718849309521.png

I didn't know Pingle made a vac. op. petcock. I know Pingle is very proud ($$) of their products, but they do have a rebuild service that is quite reasonable. I'm just guessing the vac. part is covered. It was $17 last time I used them. Go to their webpage and look for it. It may be in small letters and hard to find. I used it 2x and turnaround is about a week.

on my 1995 flhtcui it goes though starter relay switch OEM 31504-91A. what would be causing this? the starter works great I have a manual push button on the starter, so I can start the bike. no problem and the battery is new. the 5 prong starter relay switch will work for a while then stop. I'll put a new one in and it will work then quit. is this typical of these bikes? does anyone have had this problem? any ideas?

Last edited:
Are you asking two separate questions on two different bikes on the same thread you started? Kinda confusing. I'll answer the first one, get rid of the vacuum operated peacock and put a Pingel on.

Back