free website stats program Limp mode | Harley Davidson Forums

Limp mode

Chiredzi

Hi have a 2012 Road King clear code P2138 starts revs no prob, off and start again no prob,leave it 20 moins start and into limp mode idles no throttle, sprayed elect cleaner behnd filter plug is steel to steel, soldered the twist grip wires in bats chucked green joint, still same???? Help

The P2138 is is triggered when the vehicle's Engine Control Module (ECM) detects a problem.

It appears your twist grip sensor is sending faulty information to the ECM.
I would begin testing at sensor, then at ECM sir.

If I'm understanding your post, you soldered the wires at the twist grip sensor. I would start there.

Take measurements with multimeter based on specifications in your service manual.

Last edited:
Hi Shovel thanks for the reply , its been getting bad over the months now totally faulty ,where is throttle position sensor please?

So, as you can tell by the testing process, your problem could be a result of different issues.

The only way to accurately diagnose the problem is to follow the testing procedures.

Go step by step and wire by wire until you discover the issue.

Make sure you understand the difference between testing a hall effect sensor and a magnetic sensor.

I can't be more specific without seeing it, testing it, and having proper information from your specific service manual.

Back