free website stats program Long time biker, first time HD owner | Harley Davidson Forums

Long time biker, first time HD owner

marvkaye

Prior to now, the last time I rode a Harley was was 60 years ago. That being said, I finally bought myself an '09 Road King and am quite pleased with it...

2009_FLHRC_010.jpg

I do have a few things I'm going to update (lights mostly) and could use some help getting it quieted down a bit... it has 3-1/2" diameter slip-ons that bark just a bit much for my liking and I'd appreciate any assistance you folks might share in that regard. Here's a photo of one of the exhausts...

2009_FLHRC_020.jpg

and looking into the business end....

2009_FLHRC_040.jpg

it looks to me like it already has a pretty small baffle installed... first of all, can someone id whose slip-ons these are? They don't look like any I've been able to find in the many searches I've done, Next, is it possible I can tone these things down simply by extracting, wrapping and reinstalling the existing baffles? Amy suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks for having me, guys, I'm looking forward to our future interactions.... have an awesome week!!!

Marv K

Thanks, guys, it's good to be here. Highway pegs and new front turn signals added last night. She's slowly coming around.

Welcome aboard.
Look up motorcycle muffler packing, lots of options 2 quiet down the sound with fiberglass wrapping.
I probably have OE mufflers for a RKC it you want whisper quiet.

Welcome aboard.
Look up motorcycle muffler packing, lots of options 2 quiet down the sound with fiberglass wrapping.
I probably have OE mufflers for a RKC it you want whisper quiet.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm interested in those OE mufflers... how much do you want for them including shipping to 32724? Let me know.

Welcome to The Forum, check this link for muffler goodies

Back