free website stats program Wheel Bearings | Harley Davidson Forums

Wheel Bearings

I have spoken to four HD dealerships. Nobody knows. When a HD dealership installs new OEM front and
rear wheel bearings on my bike, I want to know WHO makes them as HD does not make wheel bearings.
They can put their name and part number on the box, but they are not the manufacture. So, what manufacture
is making the HD ABS OEM wheel bearing for my 2019 Ultra. I'm not looking for recommendations for other
brands of bearings, I'm aware of what's out there. Thanks, Phoenixmike

Fast, easy way is to go to the HD dealer parts counter and ask for a wheel bearing for your bike. Take it out and see what is etched/stamped on the outer race. Size and Mfg. have been on every bearing I've ever seen. P.S. I'd look for a more cooperative & knowledgeable business to do my work. FYI JTEKT co. bought Torrington & Timken and now sells them under the Koyo brand.

Fast, easy way is to go to the HD dealer parts counter and ask for a wheel bearing for your bike. Take it out and see what is etched/stamped on the outer race. Size and Mfg. have been on every bearing I've ever seen. P.S. I'd look for a more cooperative & knowledgeable business to do my work. FYI JTEKT co. bought Torrington & Timken and now sells them under the Koyo brand.
Thanks ! I'll stop down there today and have a look at the bearings and let you all know.

Stopped down to my HD dealership and had them pull the new bearings that would fit
my ABS 2019 Ultra. The ONLY words on the bearing itself were NBR-fb with part numbers
and Korea. I found where NBR may be a Korean bearing maker, another information is that
NBR is a rubber compound. The box/package is all Harley Davidson logos and part numbers.

Actually, the only wheel bearings I have found with the manufacturers name on it is Timken and
All Balls. ALL the other bearings just have the country of manufacture and various part numbers.
All the bearings that come in Harley Davidson packaging (OEM) do not show a manufacturer.
Looks like the South Korean plant is a bearing sub-contractor to HD. It's been my personal
experience that South Korea does manufactures quality products. China would be another story.

I just googled several kinds of bearings and see that indeed, most do not have identifying information on them. Sorry for the misinformation I gave you. I guess my old mind just remembers things as they were.

That's ok, thanks for replying. I have no idea why a manufacturer would not put their name on their product,
what's with that?

I'm sorry I don't have a an answer to your question, but I share your concern about where the HD parts they are installing on my bike are coming from. And I also share your concern about the manufacturer not putting it's name on a critical part like wheel bearings. In my recent experience with HD parts, I am going to guess that the bearings will be the cheapest bidder/supplier as Harley (imo) no longer cares about quality, just their profit margin. I have never been so disappointed in HD parts as in the past few years. Their Screamin' Eagle (premium) spark plugs are stamped "Made in India". I ordered a black HD handle bar clamp to replace the too shiny chrome one and it is made in China. I didn't buy it.

Back