free website stats program Wiring diagram for 94 Softail ignition switch | Harley Davidson Forums

Wiring diagram for 94 Softail ignition switch

Grego

Hi All! Resurrecting my 94 Softail Custom from mothballs and picking up where the rebuild/paint job ended 7 years ago! Its a long time and life got in the way and since ICRS starting from scratch. The 6 pin switch has been disconnected and I need that hooked before I can even attempt to start it. I have scoured the internet and cant find diagram for it. Its the replacement for the OEM 71501-73A. Downloaded every service manual I find and checked everyone selling the replacements and none show instructions, cant find a you tube on it either. I hope someone can help me. I ll try add pics later today.

This is from 1994 Fatboy. I assume you are requesting an ignition switch. If you Google the switch, there are hundreds of pictures and examples like the one shown. Your service manual will have the diagram as well.

Attachments

• photo546.jpg
    photo546.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
This is from 1994 Fatboy. I assume you are requesting an ignition switch. If you Google the switch, there are hundreds of pictures and examples like the one shown. Your service manual will have the diagram as well.
That is not what mine looks like. The wires that are there anyway.

The jumpers are different from both above. I hate electrical problems to begin with, it’s mental thing for me! I might just strip everything And start over!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
The jumpers, are they on different terminals? What specifically is the issue?

It appears that your switch is already wired.

What will help?

Last edited:
Back