free website stats program Hello from Florida Orlando Lockhart area | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello from Florida Orlando Lockhart area

A1flipflop

Grew up in Orlando Florida Lockhart area lots of Full patch Warlock and Outlaws club members. Admired the Harleys from afar, until now i owned, operated, and maintained 08 FLSTC, recent work done looking under gas tank for bad wiring. found one scuffed wire with exposed copper in where battery sits is a green/yellow wire. not sure if it cause ignition fuse short though i have taped it.

Attachments

• wire.jpg
    wire.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • harleyFUELTANK.jpg
    harleyFUELTANK.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Welcome to The Forum

You might want to permanately fix thos wires so they don't leave you on the side of the road
Welcome to The Forum

You might want to permanately fix thos wires so they don't leave you on the side of the road
Okay, but its just one wire with exposed copper?? how do i fix it permanately? replace whole wire? i unwrapped the tape a few weeks ago have just fixed an issue with fuel pump connector was loose under that panel on top of tank, but i reconnected it now working great

Okay, but its just one wire with exposed copper?? how do i fix it permanately? replace whole wire? i unwrapped the tape a few weeks ago have just fixed an issue with fuel pump connector was loose under that panel on top of tank, but i reconnected it now working great
I would solderit and cover it in shrink tubing

Welcome from Spokane.
I also think you need to cut the wire slip on shrink tape and solder it.
Voltage will cause corrosion at the open to air area even with tape wrapped around it. Then that green stuff travels inside the wire and the nightmares begin.

Back